1981
Gilo, 12 Vardinon st.

About the project

The Esther Greenberg School was built in 1981 to meet the need for a post-elementary school in the Gilo neighborhood. The school began as a junior high school, with students coming from four neighborhood elementary schools. Later, the school was expanded to serve as both a junior and senior high school, serving 1500 students in grades seven-12. The high school is one of the city’s comprehensive high schools, offering both academic and vocational tracks. The Jerusalem Foundation supported construction of the school in 1981. Since then, it has supported computer studies, an advanced science program and the school’s Comprehensive Adolescent Support & Treatment Center, which provides targeted therapies to help children with emotional and social difficulties. The school is part of a complex of Jerusalem Foundation-supported facilities in Gilo Alef, the first area built in Gilo in 1972, that also includes the Adi Yaffe Gilo Community Center and the Leo Model Library.

The donors

On the map

Related Projects