1976
German Colony, 6 Mohilever st.

About the project

The Natural History Museum is a small museum that offers exhibits on wildlife and plants indigenous to the region. The museum was created in 1949 in a 19th Century home. It presents exhibits on life sciences, the environment and the human body; its largest exhibit displays stuffed specimens of animals and birds.The museum is best known for its programs, which include a summer camp and a program in which museum staff members bring animals to neighborhood kindergartens. The Jerusalem Foundation has supported several activities at the museum, including the production of exhibitions, visits by Arab schoolchildren and programs for special needs children. In 1984, the Foundation supported creation of the Wislicki Library, a natural history library for teachers and schoolchildren, at the museum.

The donors

On the map