About the project
The Anie & Moshe Trottner Park is a nine-acre park located on the slopes below the Walter & Elise Haas Promenade. The park’s lawns, extensive landscaping and walking paths with resting and viewing areas wind down the hillside, gradually giving way to the Peace Forest below. The park was designed by Shlomo Aronson and features M.A.T., the last sculpture created by German-Mexican sculptor Mathias Goeritz (1915-1990). M.A.T. is built of two 2.7-meter high iron plates that lean against one another and are cut out with the abstract letters M, A and T, for the sculptor’s friends, Moshe & Anie Trottner.