1993
City Center, 5 Strauss st.

About the project

The Bikur Cholim Hospital is a 175-year-old institution serving approximately 65,000 patients each year. The hospital’s original facility was located in the Old City’s Jewish Quarter until 1924, when most of its departments moved to the current facility in the Ge’ula neighborhood (the department for chronic diseases remained in the original facility until it was evacuated in 1948).The Jerusalem Foundation has supported the purchase of equipment at the hospital, including a cardiac unit and ultrasound equipment and fetal monitors for a center for high-risk pregnancy established by the hospital and the municipality’s Department of Public Heath.

The donors

On the map