About the project
The David Yellin College of Education, formerly the David Yellin Teachers College, was established in 1913 in the Zichron Moshe neighborhood by educator David Yellin and his colleagues who were pioneers in teaching modern Hebrew. The teachers training seminary was transferred to the present site in 1928. By 2005, the college had 2,400 students, including those studying to become teachers, teachers completing their education towards B.Ed. degrees, and teachers updating their skills. The college offers programs in early childhood, elementary, junior high school, special education and therapeutic educational techniques. The student body includes religious and secular Jews, Muslim and Christian Arabs. The Jerusalem Foundation has supported the purchase of equipment for the college’s library and has supported programs including the Coexistence & Peace Program and study enrichment for Ethiopian immigrants.