About the project
The Jerusalem Hebrew Writers’ House was operated by the Hebrew Writers Association in Israel. The Jerusalem Foundation supported the purchase of furnishings for the organization’s facility in 1970, provided annual support over many years to maintain the facility’s library, and later supported writers’ meetings. The institution was later renamed the Haim Hazaz Writers’ House, in memory of author Haim Hazaz (1898-1973), who lived in Jerusalem from 1931 until his death. The facility later became home to the Shehebar Sephardic Center, a rabbinical and teachers’ college.