About the project
The Hurva Synagogue Square is a prominent public square adjacent to the Hurva Synagogue in the Jewish Quarter of the Old City. The square was created in an area that had been blown up by the Jordanian Arab Legion in its attack on the Jewish Quarter in 1948 and had later become a parking lot. The square was designed with stone paving, lighting, landscaping and a simple fountain. Alterations have been made over the years, but the square remains an important gathering place for residents and tourists.