About the project
Koret Park is a one-acre park adjacent to the Monastery of San (St.) Simon built in 1859, and the site of a crucial battle in the War of Independence (1948). The park, which was designed by landscape architect Shlomo Gat together with the adjacent Zarem Garden, provides a major recreational space for the surrounding residential area. The park is designed around a central lawn surrounded by a foot path and includes two play areas and a basketball court, added in 1984. It also features Precipitation Zone 600, a sculpture created by Dov Heller in 1985. In 1991, the Betty T. & Herbert H. Schiff Garden was built adjoining the Koret Park and forming a cluster of three Jerusalem Foundation-created parks.