About the project
Lavinia Corner is a small plaza near the entrance to the Henry Crown Symphony Hall at the Jerusalem Center for the Performing Arts. The corner features Noah’s Dove by French sculptor Francois LaLanne (b. 1924).The sculpture is a copper dove that rotates by the wind atop an 8-meter high stone obelisk.The dove symbolizes the end of the great flood in the book of Genesis and the obelisk symbolizes the rising sun and the rising up from the primeval water in ancient Egypt. The artist combined the two forms to symbolize peace between Israel and Egypt. The sculpture was dedicated in May 1978 during the peace negotiations between the two countries.