About the project
The Jerusalem Foundation supported construction of the Detroit Garden, a neighborhood garden located on a triangular plot in the German Colony, in 1970. The park originally included stone retaining walls, landscaping and benches. The Foundation supported renovations in 1992 that included the installation of play equipment and the placing of a stone sculpture entitled Resting Place in the garden. The sculpture was created by Israel Rabinovitz (b. 1954, Israel) at the Jerusalem Stone Sculpture Workshop.