1975
Romema, 7 Hamem Gimel st.

About the project

Magen David Adom (Red Star of David) has been Israel’s official emergency medical, disaster, ambulance and blood bank service since 1956–Israel’s version of the American Red Cross. The Jerusalem Foundation has assisted the organization at various times over the years, beginning in 1975 with support for first aid courses for Arab students. In 1985, the Foundation supported purchase and installation of an alert control encoder system, which was capable of reaching emergency staff of 25 ambulances and another 45 volunteers with the press of one button, enabling them to provide faster and more effective emergency services. In 2004, the Foundation supported renovations to the operations wing of Magen David Adom’s facility to enable staff to rest in an area removed from the stress and demands of the job while allowing them to make swift exits to the ambulances.

The donors

On the map

Related Projects