About the project
The Hanschen Garden & Playground is located at the northeastern edge of the Givat Mordechai neighborhood. The park, which was designed by Mario Yudelevitch, includes an upper area that features a play sculpture by Sucho (Gedalia Suchowolski), a painter and construction engineer born in 1928 in Bialistok, Poland who immigrated to Israel in 1941. The sculpture is composed of a wood beam connected to a circular steel structure that can be used as a see-saw or a rocking bench. The park’s lower area includes footpaths and other play equipment.